EFFECT OF INTERNAL AUDIT IN AN ORGANIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN TEACHING HOSPITAL ILORIN)
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Title page i
Table of content vi
- Background of the study
- Problems of the study
- Aims of the study
- Scope of the study
- Organization of the study
- LITERATURE REVIEW
- Internal review
- Function of internal audit
- Internal control and accounting procedure
- Internal auditing as an aid to management
- Comparization of internal audit department
- Comparism with external auditor
- Investigation of internal auditor
- Internal audits report
- RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- Historical background of the case study
- Source of data
- Data analysis techniques
- The organization of the internal audit department of the case study
- Limitation of the study
- PRESENTATION AND ANALYSIS OF THE SYSTEM CONTROL IN UITH
- Data presentation
- Data analysis
- Testing of hypothesis
- Control on cash office
- Internal sources of revenue
- The major unit of audit department
- External auditor
- The report
- SUMMARY CONCLUSION AND RECOMMENDATION
1.0 INTRODUCTION O THE STUDY
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Internal auditor constitutes parts of the structure of the internal control system, which function as a check in other work in and organization.
The internal auditors enjoy some measures of independence from organizations operating personal for the fact that they make report, the chief executive of an organization to whom they are responsible.
The external auditor is certified that the activities of the internal auditor is assured of the reliability of accounting records, he can substantially limit amount of checking’s he has to do.
He may decide, for instance, to adopt the figure to stock on the balance sheet if he is satisfied that the internal auditor conducts a continuous check on the stock record. It has to be noted that wherever reliance the external auditors, it is done at is own risk.
Therefore, if anything goes wrong, he cannot escape the liability merely because he relied on internal auditor, the internal auditor is more intimately associated with the operation on the external auditors as to area that requires a particular attention.
Once the internal auditor departments has created its term of reference to carryout internal audit work without objection and recitation from those responsibilities. The work of internal audit is not easy, because it work is concerned with inspection apart from other control system and people normally resent being inspected.
- PROBLEM FACING THE INTERNAL AUDIT DEPARTMENT IN (UITH) UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN TEACHING HOSPITAL
Present point of view of challenges facing the internal audit department in UITH, the deficiencies in corporate government revealed buy the financial crisis, the new compliance requirement and achieving a balance between the internal audit control departments.
Enterprise risk management (ERM).
TOP FIVE CHALLENGES FACING THE CASE STUDY
- Realigning skills to address new requirement of the audit department in UITH
- Aligning internal audit coverage new requirement of the case study.
- Maintaining stature with the audit committee in UITH
- Maintaining a focus to prevent and detect fraud in audit department
- Addressing internal auditing role in assessing risk management.
Is clear from the explanation given that the internal audit is a responsibility job.
Infarct, its involves contacting the staff of the department for expert advise, which requires qualified skill and experience staff of the department for expert advice, which required qualified skill and experience staff, for internal audit department to function effectively it has to be adhere adequate staff with skill officers and provide necessary infrastructure.
- AIMS OF THE STUDY
The study is intended to establish the importance of role of internal auditors in an organization in terms of internal control and to ensure compliance with plans and polices of an organization
The study is further means to highlight the function of auditor and its relations with account and other department in and organization