The research work was on a study of how is introduce a new product in the market. The main objective was to determine whether the strategies used to introduce cristolys cough expectorant in Enugu was effective or not. The researcher. Also looked at how the product is fairing in the market both primary and secondary data were collected to solve the research problem. The population study comprised the consumer and personnel of Encristo pharmacentical company limited Enugu. The research instrument used for data collection is questionnaires. Tables, frequencies and percentages were used in presenting and analyzing the data collected. Based on data analysis, the researcher comes up with the following findings. The product was test marketed for a period of five months before it was officially launched on September 8,1997.During the time of introduction both radio, poster, sticker etc were used.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The objectives of any organization is to create customers and satisfying them at a profit that is, producing goods and service that will satisfy the needs, wants and services of the customer and making a profit which will enable the company to survive. The purpose of any business must lie in the society since a business enterprise is an organ of the society.
It is the customer that determines what a business is, for it is the customer and he alone, who through being willing to ping for goods or for services. Convert economic resources into wealth, things into good.
Any business must find out what its market is, who the customer is, where he is, what he consider valve, what he consider valve, what his unsatisfied wants, how does he buy and how can he be reached, it is the duty of the company is provide what the customer need.
The main function of a company is marketing and innovation. Marketing is distinguishing the unique function of the business. A business is set apart from all other human organization by the fact that it market a product or services.
Any organization that fulfils itself through
1. Marketing a product or service is a business and any absent or incidental is not a business any should never be run as if it were one.
The duty of marketing starts at the beginning rather than the end of the business because through its studied and researchers will establish. What the customer wants in a given period or season, what price he is willing to pay in a given product have authority in product planning innovation which is the last function of a business is the provision better and more economic goods and services.
It is not enough for the business to provide just and economic goods and services, it must provide a better an more economic ones.
Innovation goes right through all phases of business of may innovation in design, in product, in marketing techniques, in prices or in service to the customer.
Therefore, to develop and market new products the correct approach must be used is ensure that new product does not fail in the market.
There are two important stages in the development of any product and introduction or commercialization of the new product into the market.
Many product have failed to make the expected impact on the consumers because the companies involved did not use the right strategies such as pricing, promotion and high product quality.
They forget that buyers and subjected a
2. Wide range of complexities and gavels reaction that are hard to predict. Their attitudes, dispositions, perceptions and motivations must be considered along with income and other demographic considerations.
It is the belief of this researcher that the satisfaction of the customer’s needs, wants and desires should be first in the uppermost mind of the producers and not profit maximization. Through they should achieve sufficient profit to cover the risks of their economic activities so that losses can be curtailed. A company like Encrusts pharmaceutical company limited should avoid making mistake that many spell danger for its newly developed product by making use of the correct approach in both marketing. Commercialization and introduction of the product into the market.
The encrusts pharmaceutical company limited being one of the indigenous pharmaceutical companies in Nigeria incensed today is produce (OTC) over the counter dings has been pushing vigorously its policy of developing and adding new and better products to its existing products line. On September 8, 1997.
The company introduced a new product known as “CRUSTOLYN COUGH EXPECTORNT” into the Enugu market. At the early stage, this product did not make the expected impact and the company did not give up.
The product has been in the market for the performance of the new product, one would like to know the extent of its acceptance by the consumers.
What strategies were used by the company in introducing the product into the market and how effective these strategies have been.
The company would like to equip itself with these data in order to ensure that it’s product strategies are effective that is why this research has been undertaken.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM.
Encrusts pharmaceutical company limited has been one of the oral liquid preparations. The company wants to maintain the leadership position in this area and that is why it has a policy of developing new products to extend its product lines, depth and width. In pursuing this policy, the company developed a new product when is called “CRISTOLYN COUGH EXPECTORANT”.
The new product was introduced in Enugu in September 1997 and has continued to be market there till now.
In looking a new product, one would like to know how it has faired since its introduction; into the market and what strategies were used in introducing if in Enugu metropolis, what strategies are being used now to market the same product, have these strategies been effective and have consumers accepted the new product.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
(1) To checkmate if the strategies used in introducing cryptonym cough expectorant in Enugu metropolises in effective.
(2) To find out if the quality and taste of cryptonym cough expectorant is acceptable to customers.
(3) To confirm if most customers are aware of the new product.
(4) To examine whether the distributions are ready is distribute the new products.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTION
1. Is the strategies used in introducing cryptonym cough expectorant in Enugu metropolis been effective?
2. Is the quality and tasks of cryptonym cough expectorant acceptable to consumers?
3. Are most consumers aware of the new product/
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This study will be of use to Encrusts pharmaceutical company limited because of will establish whether the objective of the company in developing and introducing cristolyn cough expectorant has been realized.
In assessing the strategies used to introduces the new product, the findings of the research will establish whether they have been effective.
The recommendation made by the researcher will enable the company to implement further strategies aimed at changing the situation. Also the finding of the study will equally benefit the consumers by ascertaining whether the new product has been accepted or not. The acceptance of a new product depends solely on its quality and performance and product quality entails. Considering the level of quality control consumers desires the quality of new materials required to produce such product the level of consumers frame of experience and desire and source or availability of competitive or rival product for the consumer.
Where the study establishers that the new product is found wanting in any dimension. This will ensure that the consumers are given the satisfaction they want or looking for in the product.
Another are where the study will services as a good purpose is in the area of distribution.
Distribution are more concerned about the success of a product because it will help them determine the extent of margin or profits they will make, if cristolyn expectorant succeeds I the study is to evaluate and make recommendations for effective marketing of this product, the distributors benefit of the products performance in the market enhanced.
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This study was carried out in Enugu and centered on evaluating the effectiveness of the strategies by Encrusts pharmaceutical company limited in introducing crislotyn cough Expectorant into the market. The study also evaluated the extent of acceptance of this new product by the consumers.
1.7 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
A lot of constraints have limited the scope of this study, some of them are:
1) FINANCIAL CONSTRANTS: Inadequate financial resources is a limitation to this work because money is required in almost every aspect of this work.
2) DISTANCE: This is another factor, there should be designed time because the research have be in the particular place of research to get respondents to enable the research progress.
3) TIME CONSTRAINTS: limited time is execute this study comprehensively is one of the limitation of this study adequate time for deserting this product should be properly considered for the effective smoothing of this work.
4) INADEQUATE CO-OPERATION OF CONSUMERS:
This is another hardening along to enable appropriate research work in the aspect of questionnaires, if the consumers refuse to comply in corresponding flunky excuses like time there will be problem.
1.8 DEFINITION OF THE TERM
1) Promotional Strategy: this is a controlled integrated programme of communication method and materials designed to present a company and its products to prospective customers.
2) Advertising: A marketing functions of making know what we t sell or buy it presents the most persuasive possible selling message to be right prospective for the product or service at the coquets possible cost.
More so, advertising must use identifies of must not be personal of must the made media and it must be paid for.
3) Sale promotion: this consist, all the activities aimed of promoting immediate sale it is designed to achieve fast sales or consumer repose.
4) Personal Selling: face to face interaction with one or more prospective purchase for the purpose of making presentation, answering questions and producing orders.
5) Direct marketing: This consist of direct communications with carefully target individual consumers to both obtain an immediate response and cultivate lasting customer relationships.
Request for a Project Material
If you have searched for your topic on our website and it were not found, please fill the form below and submit, so that we can search for it in our offline projects backup.
You can hire a project writer to write your given project topic from scratch with well conducted research and field-tested hypothesis! We also run statistical data analysis of research data gathered from conducted field studies, and regression studies of data.
TO FILL THE FORM BELOW